My name is Mrs Bevan and I work as the School Liaison & Support Officer
The aim of the School Liaison & Support Officer role is to ensure that all children enjoy school and are happy and secure.
I can help by providing:
- One to one support and advice.
- Nurture / reason specific sessions with children.
- Support and advice to parents / Carers.
- Signposting to other agencies including school nurse , Malachi and Local Support Team referrals.
- Support around attendance / punctuality.
My job role includes some of the following
- Offering support/nurture in school.
- Supporting parents/carers and families.
- Improving attendance and punctuality.
- Promoting positive behaviour.
During term time I will work in partnership with parents/carers, school staff and other agencies to support families, aiming to reduce current issues and prevent future difficulties.
Children learn what they live:
- If children live with criticism they learn to condemn.
- If children live with hostility they learn to fight.
- If children live with ridicule they learn to be shy.
- If children live with shame they learn to feel guilty.
- If children live with encouragement they learn confidence.
- If children live with appreciation they learn to appreciate.
- If children live with fairness they learn justice.
- If children live with security they learn to have faith.
Who can I help?
- Children who are withdrawn or anxious.
- Parents / Carers experiencing difficulties in managing their child’s behaviour.
- Parents / Carers whose children have poor school attendance/punctuality.
- Parents / Carers and children who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement.
- Children who are being bullied and their parents / carers.
- Parents / Carers who may need support on a wide range of issues impacting on their family life e.g. illness, separation, domestic violence, bereavement.
- Parents / Carers who would like help and advice with filling in forms such as school admissions, free school meals, etc.
How do I contact the School Liaison & Support Officer?
Parents/carers and children can ask for me to become involved. With your consent I can explore the difficulties your child is experiencing and identify the best way forward.
I am available in school as follows:
Monday 8.30am - 1.45pm
Tuesday 8.30am - 1.45pm
Wednesday 8.30am - 4.00pm
Thursday 8.30am - 1.45pm
Friday 8.30am - 1.45pm
You can ask for me at the school office or phone the school on 01827 896666 or email me on email@example.com
What can I expect?
Depending on what your support request is I may need to complete an Early Help Assessment form with you. Before starting to work with a child I will always obtain your consent. I am able to offer a confidential service regarding personal issues. If necessary I would seek your permission to share the information with staff at school or with other agencies. Should a Child Protection issue be identified I am legally bound to follow Government Guidelines.