A new way to keep in touch with Parents and Carers...
Stoneydelph Primary School is committed to keeping parents regularly informed of school activities but we find that sending letters home is not fully effective.
We are also increasingly aware of the costs associated with and the environmental impact of printing paper copies of messages and communication.
Class Dojo will allow us to make improvements in both those areas and will support you because;
- It will be the one place to access all school information including messages, news and updates.
- We can send more personalised and relevant information to you.
- We can send messages directly to parents.
- Parents can contact teachers directly.
Class Dojo is also supported by a smartphone application for Apple and Android devices. You can locate the free app in your Android Playstore or Apple App Store by searching for ‘Class Dojo.’
Download the free app here:
Class Dojo is an online platform that we use in school in a number of different ways. It is ultimately used to reward good choices that the children make on an individual, small group, whole class or whole school basis.
The Dojo points are awarded to the children and the children are given a reason for why they have earned it so that they know what they did that was a good choice. Some examples of what teachers reward children for are for creating beautiful work, showing readiness to learn or extra curricular activities.
Class dojo can also be used as an effective communication tool between class teachers and parents. There is a messaging service for individual one-to-one messages as well as a 'class story' by which the teachers can share events that are happening in the class and photos of the school day. We have found this a wonderful insight for parents especially those of very young children.
At home, parents are able to communicate simply and safely with their child's class teacher. Class Dojo is 100% free for teachers, parents and students. Class Dojo is easily accessible and can be accessed via an app or internet browser.
What will our staff do?
- Promote positive behaviour on Class Dojo
- Share information about events and activities happening in class
- Send out and reply to individual messages if required (Please note teachers are not always available to respond immediately during the school day)
- Share links to useful websites, important/interesting information.
- Use Class Dojo to support the children in class and encourage their learning and behaviour.
- Maintain the highest professionalism and security settings at all time when using class dojo
- Automatically invite parents to join their child's Class Dojo page when they start in their class.
What do we expect our parents to do?
- Check Class Dojo for messages
- Make sure they appreciate staff well-being and not expect responses immediately (Even if the message has been seen by the class teacher)
- Use Class Dojo to structure a conversation about their child and what they have been learning.
- NOT screenshot or share any content from Class Dojo on social media or other messaging services.
- NOT use it as an outlet to be aggressive or confrontational to staff.
- Arrange to speak to a teacher if you have any concerns that you wish to discuss.
- Not use it as a replacement for face to face discussions.
Please note that any individual who uses Class Dojo to post abusive, defamatory, threatening or offensive comments about staff, pupils or the school will be removed from the site, either temporarily or permanently. Furthermore, any parents who are identified as copying content from Class Dojo to share on social media will also be removed as we need to protect all of our children and staff.
Parents/carers cannot share photographs, messages or work samples published on ClassDojo on their personal social media accounts due to a breach of privacy. Parents/carers who share private or confidential material or information may be removed from ClassDojo.
Any children that leave our schools will be removed one week after their last day.
Any staff that leave our school will be removed at the end of their last day.