Governors at Stoneydelph Primary School are looking to recruit a Caretaker (Grade 5).
This is a permanent position with 30.0 hours of work organised as follows:
Monday: 8.00 am – 11.00 am 2.45 pm – 6.15 pm
Tuesday : 2.15 pm – 6.15 pm
Wednesday: 7.00 am – 12.00 pm 2.45 pm – 6.15 pm
Thursday: 2.45 pm – 6.15 pm
Friday: 7.00 am – 11.00 am 2.45 pm – 6.15 pm
The position is full year with the flexibility to vary hours during the school closure periods with consultation and agreement of the post holder, Site Supervisor and Head Teacher. The position is subject to references and a clear DBS check.
The successful candidate will be an important member of our school team playing a key role in maintaining high standards of safety, security, repair and cleanliness.
• ensuring children’s safe exit from the site;
• emptying of bins;
• replacing consumables (toilet rolls, paper towels, soap, etc);
• porterage duties;
• ensuring the school buildings and grounds are safe, clean and tidy in liaison with cleaners;
• repairs and maintenance tasks of a minor nature, within personal competencies; undertake maintenance projects;
• duties as directed by the Site Supervisor or Head Teacher, eg; setting out of tables and chairs for breakfast club / evening meetings
• locking and securing site.
The successful candidate should have extensive experience of working in a site security, maintenance environment with qualifications of NVQ3 Building Maintenance & Estates or equivalent. They should be able to demonstrate that they are honest, punctual, thorough, reliable and able to use their own initiative when prioritising job requests and be flexible, friendly and approachable to our staff, pupils and parents.
Closing date for applications is: 9.00 am on Wednesday 19th June 2019 (Please note, the school office will be closed for half term Monday 27th May to Friday 31st May 2019).
Interviews will take place on Monday 24th June 2019.
Should you require further details of the position or wish to arrange a site visit, please contact Mrs Dawn Dodd (School Bursar) 01827 896666 or by e mail firstname.lastname@example.org